Serves 8 to 10
Editor’s Note: Unless you live under a rock, it’s impossible to ignore the viral recipes on social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok. Now you can try one for yourself! From the new book Savory vs. Sweet: From Our Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes to Our Most Viral Rainbow Unicorn Cheesecake by Shalean and Stephanie Ghitis of the popular blog SoFloFooodie, here’s one of their most popular, viral sweets.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz (283 grams) bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups (180 grams) Rice Krispies (or similar) cereal
- 20 ounces (562.5 grams) cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup (123 grams) sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 cups (240 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (488 grams) cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (400 grams) white chocolate
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple food coloring
- Sprinkles to decorate 9-inch springform pan
Make the Cheesecake
- Completely melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until creamy.
- Add the 6 cups of cereal and stir until fully mixed. Remove from heat immediately.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the springform pan. To do this, grease the inside of the pan generously to prevent sticking. Also, grease your hands slightly to easily transfer the cereal mixture to the pan (we use Pam baking spray). Use all of the cereal mixture to fill the bottom of the pan, and go up the sides too. We also used a measuring cup to easily mold the mixture into the pan. Remove any excess mixture at the top.
- Put the crust into the fridge to set while you prepare the filling.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the whipping cream and 1 cup of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Be patient—this step can take a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, using a hand or stand mixer on medium speed, combine the cream cheese and the remaining powdered sugar until soft. Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Heat the white chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and creamy, and allow to cool to room temperature while stirring occasionally. Cooling ensures the white chocolate doesn’t harden when added to the cream cheese mixture.
- Once cooled, start the mixer at low speed and add the room- temperature white chocolate slowly into the cream cheese mixture. Fold the whipping cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture using a spatula (be careful not to over-mix).
- Separate the mixture into 6 small-size mixing bowls, and add a different color of food coloring to each bowl. The less food coloring, the lighter; the more food coloring, the darker/ brighter. This choice is based on your preference.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and pour the purple- colored mixture into the bottom of the crust, then freeze for 20–30 minutes.
- Repeat this process with each color, making sure to freeze each layer for 20–30 minutes.
- Decorate to your desire and place in the fridge to set for 6 hours (or overnight).