I grew up loving Fudgsicles and so when I realized many years ago how easy they were to make, it was a no-brainer to make them myself. This version is a bit healthier, dairy-free by using creamy oat milk. I used honey, but if you need a vegan version, use Grade A maple syrup, the lightest you can get so it doesn’t affect the flavor.
Makes 8 Servings
- 1/3 cup (37 grams) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups (480 grams) oat milk
- ¼ cup (84 grams) honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Pops:
- In a small saucepan, whisk to combine the cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt before adding the oat milk and honey.
- On medium heat, whisk the mixture constantly until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Distribute the mixture evenly into popsicle molds and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Pops can remain the freezer for up to 3 months.