Baking from scratch doesn’t have to take a ton of time. If you use a store-bought graham cracker crust, this pie will be done in less than 15 minutes! So, there’s no excuse not to make something from scratch. If you have some more time, definitely make the crust and whipped cream from scratch, because those don’t take a lot of time either!
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 3 cups (918 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup (182 grams) key lime juice
- ½ cup (120 grams) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the graham crust on a sheet pan and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest to combine. Pour in the prepared pie crust.
3. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until tiny bubbles pop on the surface. The filling should still jiggle. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack. Chill the pie for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream if desired and slice. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.