My oven has been acting up recently, and rather than burn yet another batch of brownies, I decided to take a break. Of course, that just means a break from my oven, not from making treats! This recipe comes together in just a few minutes, which is great when you’re craving the flavors of fall. I like to store these cookies in the refrigerator to keep them extra firm, but they can sit out at room temperature, too.
- 8 tablespoons (113 grams) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (120 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (216 grams) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (264 grams) old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup (63 grams) chopped walnuts
Make the Cookies:
- Line half sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the butter, pumpkin, sugars and the pumpkin pie spice and set over medium heat. Bring to boil for two minutes, stirring to make sure the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and then add in the vanilla, oats, and walnuts.
- Working quickly, scoop the mixture with a small scoop and place on the prepared pans to set up. Allow to cool completely before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.