This Brown Butter Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby is a simple, yet totally delicious breakfast or dessert! Sweet, fluffy, and bursting with the best Fall flavors.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large (150 grams) eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (302 grams) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) salted butter
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray, then wipe it out. Place the skillet in the oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour salt, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- While batter is resting, peel, core and slice the apple. Toss apple with salt, cinnamon, and sugar. Set aside.
- When the 20 minute rest period is over, add butter to cast iron skillet in oven. When butter melts, remove from oven and pour batter into skillet on top of butter. Return to oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until puffy on the bottom.
- While the pancake is cooking, sauté apple mixture in 2 tablespoons salted butter until apples are tender, 2-3 minutes. Set aside. When pancake comes out of the oven, top with apple mixture and serve.