Creamy, smooth, perfectly sweet, and made with delicious fresh peaches. This Peaches and Cream Ice Cream is so simple to make and is the ultimate summertime treat!
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups (200 grams) chopped fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) water
- 4 large egg (74 grams) yolks
- 2 2/3 cups (644 grams) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (116 grams) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine peaches, sugar, salt, and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook until sugar dissolves and peaches are tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine milk and cream in a saucepan and heat over medium low heat until hot, but not boiling. While whisking constantly, add a small amount of hot milk mixture to egg yolks. Stir egg mixture back into milk and cream mixture. Add peach mixture. Return to stove and cook over medium-low heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, pour into ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.