This recipe couldn’t be easier — four ingredients, no-churn, easy assembly. The trade off, like many dairy-free recipes, is that you have to let the mixture sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to scoop it once it’s frozen. But the flavor and ease of assembly ahead of time makes it worth the wait. Definitely start the process the day before by putting both the frozen strawberries and the heavy coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight to come to the right temperature.
Makes 1 ½ quarts
- 16 ounces (454 grams) package frozen strawberries, thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 14 ounces (397 grams) sweetened condensed coconut milk
- One 13.5-ounce can heavy coconut cream, chilled
Make the Ice Cream:
- In a food processor or blender, blitz the strawberries until pureed and then add to a mixing bowl with the lemon juice.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed coconut milk into the strawberries and set aside.
- In a separate bowl either in a stand mixer and whisk attachments or using a hand mixer, beat the chilled heavy coconut cream until soft peaks form. In two to three batches, fold the coconut cream into the strawberry mixture. Pour into a loaf pan or any freezer-friendly container, cover and freeze overnight. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before scooping and serving. Balance can be frozen and stored for up to 3 months.