From influencer Ginny Dyer of In Bloom Bakery fame, we’re thrilled to have her delectable donut recipe just in time for Valentine’s Day. With just a hint of rose water, it brings a simple treat to the next level. Since it uses freeze dried strawberries, this recipe can be made any time of year!
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened, salted Minerva Dairy butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups freeze dried strawberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons pureed strawberries
Make the Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- First start by creaming ½ cup of softened, salted butter and 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Then add in 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and ¼ teaspoon of rose water and combine.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of sour cream and ½ cup of milk. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix 2 ½ cups of flour, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time until all is incorporated together.
- Grind 1 ½ cups of freeze-dried strawberries. Sift them into the batter and mix until all is combined.
- Transfer the donut batter into a piping bag fitted with a large tip. Pipe the batter into a greased donut pan, 3/4 of the way full. Bake the donuts at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let them cool in the pan for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to completely cool.
Make the Strawberry Glaze
- While they are cooling make the icing by pureeing a few strawberries, enough to make 2-3 tablespoons of puree.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the strawberry puree. Mix until all the powdered sugar is dissolved. If it is too dry add a little bit more of the strawberry puree. It should be a very thick icing.
- Dip each donut in the glaze. Sprinkle each donut with crushed freeze-dried strawberries if you desire. Let the glaze set and then serve!