Fudge-y, extra chocolate-y, and stuffed full of caramel! These Turtle Brownies are the ultimate dessert for any time of year.
Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) pecans, chopped
- 10 ounces (283 grams) bittersweet chocolate
- 7 tablespoons (99 grams) salted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 3 large (150 grams) eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup (97 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (320 grams) caramel sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup (42 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and place in oven for 5-6 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Combine bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is nearly melted. Continue stirring until smooth and chocolate has melted completely. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Beat at high speed for 10 minutes. Slowly mix in the melted chocolate. Stir in flour. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Top with caramel sauce, chocolate chips, and pecans. Pour other half of batter over the toppings. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until they test done.