Biscotti always makes a delicious gift during the holidays! The combination of pistachio, white chocolate and strawberry is amazing. Plus, I like to make my biscotti ahead of time and freeze it; roll, bake, slice then freeze. When I’m ready to give away, I bake the sliced biscotti again, cool and dip in chocolate, wrap in bags and give as hostess gifts. Dipping biscotti in chocolate is optional. Nuts and/or white chocolate may be substituted for another nut or chocolate, and if Valrhona Ivoire isn’t available, use a high-quality white chocolate.
Makes 2 biscotti logs
- 12 tablespoons (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (227 grams) granulated sugar
- Scant 3 cups (447 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste/extract
- 8 ounces (227 grams) Valrhona Ivoire 35% chocolate, chopped
- Scant 1 cup (113 grams) pistachios, chopped
- Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration, for dipping
Make the Biscotti:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar, until well combined.
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add eggs to butter/sugar, slowly, until emulsified.
- Add dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Gently mix in chocolate/nuts last.
- Divide dough in half, roll each log to width of sheet pan (short length), flatten log slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Once the biscotti logs have cooled, use a serrated knife and cut each log into slices. Bake biscotti slices for approximately 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool and then dip bottom of biscotti in chocolate (Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration preferred).